What does "Pay it Forward" mean? According to wikipedia:
The expression "pay it forward" is used to describe the concept of asking that a good turn be repaid by having it done to others instead.
Sometimes in life we are blessed with good fortune, given a helping hand when hope is lost, receive a windfall , or just have worked hard and are in a place to help others. I've experienced all of these types of good turns. Have you had a good turn lately and want to pay it forward?
There's an amazing adoption story on a blog I follow about a family that adopted a young lady from China, and then found out she had 2 brothers, so they persevered and miraculously brought them home also. These children were literally living in the streets for the longest time.
The mom has put out a plea to help another family with some of their adoption expenses to bring home a son who has ties to her children. They were already in the process to bring home one older boy, when they learned of the boys buddy at the orphanage. Wanting to keep them together, they petitioned to be allowed to bring both boys home and were successful.
I think that is so cool! Two orphanage buddies in China are about to be united with two former orphanage buddies (who happen to be brothers) here!
The waiting family's story can be found here , as well as a "chip in" to donate to help cover their newest son's orphanage fee if you are interested. I feel so fortunate to be able to follow another family's journey to bring children home to their forever families!
If you've read this far, I'll reward you with the cuteness of Lily and Rose, forever sisters:
Chinese New Year Celebration Ideas
5 months ago






4 comments:
Awww. Rose and Lily. ;p SO cute!!!
What a wonderful story! Seems these children will have a nice happy ending. :)
((Hugs))
Laura
:)
Thank you! You know us well- we are here for the pics!!
Now I will hope over to the other blog!
Better than a movie. Wondeful story. God bless you all.
Post a Comment