Thursday, March 5, 2009

Meet Peaches!



We just went to the Humane Society for something to do after school today, not planning to come home with one.  We do this every few weeks just to pass the winter time.  

Today, no one was around for us to visit with a dog, so we picked a cat that was declawed to visit with.  Didn't want it scratching Rose or attacking the pom poms on her boots.  The cat was just soooo friendly and cuddly, not scared at all.  It purred and climbed into my arms, gave me lot's of headbutts.  After a while, we put her back in her cage, and then I looked at her name and it said "Peaches".  I knew this was the pet I was supposed to get.  I have always wanted an orange/buff cat to call Peaches, and here she was just waiting for me.  I also want a white cat to call Cream, but 2 cats right now are out of the question.  Or 2 more, and name them Apple, Peaches, Pumpkin Pie after the song.  

Boy, was I nervous though.  Afraid to spend money.  Worried about hair, people with allergies, keeping a litter box clean again, etc.  I was so sure my next pet would be a dog.  But this cat really was tugging at my heart.  Called sister M to talk out loud to.  

I decided to go for it (after, of course, discussing with Doug).  He said I could do what I felt I needed to do.  

Well, she fits right in, and has made herself right at home already.  Here she is hanging out in Rose's dresser drawer!

5 comments:

Laura L. said...

I laughed, before I even read the whole post.
Look who got a kitty! She's adorable, and has such a cute name too.
Congratulations on adding a new member to the household.
I know you'll just love her. :)

Anonymous said...

great picture!!!!!Better than hiding under the bed!
Glad I could be of some help.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for giving Peaches a new home. There are 164 cats right now there that need someone like you.

nellyru said...

Did you know that we got a kitty, orange in fact, just a week earlier??!! So crazy!
Can not wait to meet your new member of the family, our new neighbor!

rarejule said...

Hmmm... and just how do you think she will get along with the spoiled neighbor dog? :)

Love the idea of "Apple, Peaches, Pumpkin Pie!"

As soon as Henry knows you have a cat, look out... it's become his DREAM to own a few someday. LOL!

Congrats!!