On back-to-school night, Rose won 2 tickets to the Gopher's football game. If you know our family, Doug and I don't watch a lick of sports otherwise, but I got brave and decided that since Rose won the tickets, she needed to go to the game. She insisted that I be the one to take her.
So Friday night before the game on Saturday, she and I sat at the computer and learned how football is played. I knew the basics, but I actually now understand the game better. Rose really impressed me with how much she remembered from our little learning lesson.
Doug dropped us off, we found our seats (14th row on 20 yard line), and most importantly, the seats were in the shade. I was dreading sitting in full sunlight for 3 hours, so that worked out nicely. The stadium is brand spanking new, this was only their second game there. Other than running out of hot dogs, things were much improved from what I heard the first game was like (long lines getting in, not enough food vendors, horrible traffic, sound system not balanced, etc). Only weird thing is security patting everyone down, including 6 year old little girls. Good thing it was a woman doing the patting, or this momma would have had quite an issue.
Rose's favorite part was the band. I was pretty impressed by the skills of the players. Here's some photos of our fun!
Haven't posted much lately, not alot of exciting stuff around here lately (which can be a good thing!). Rose is at school, I'm back to work, and time is just flying by.
I'm scrapbooking this Saturday as part of a fundraiser for a friend of mine - if you are interested, let me know. Would love for you to join me!





4 comments:
I'm not a big fan of football either and I must admit, I know nothing about it.
I generally like to watch sports "live" though. Not on tv.
It looks like you and Rose had a good time and it's great that you got to see the new stadium!
Congratulations Rose on winning those tickets for you and your Momma!
Not much exciting going on in my world either. Still, you know me.. I can talk about nothing.. LOL!
Take care! Great post!
((Hugs))
Laura
How wonderful that you guys got to go to the game for free. I'm sure it was exciting and fun.
It is so much more fun to see it in person than on TV.
I love how you had her learn about the game before going. Good idea!
LOVE ME SOME COLLEGE FOOTBALL!!! HOOK'E HORNS!!!!
Love, and blessings, Kristy
I used to go to MN gopher games with my Dad when I was Rose's age! I loved them! I loved that time with my Dad! Great memories!
You are such a good Mom- learning the game, teaching Rose and spending a beautiful afternoon at a football game- you deserve a reward!!
MOM OF THE YEAR!
Post a Comment