On Wednesday, I took Rose to dance class and then to a free H1N1 vaccine clinic. We got home around 7:45 to find my husband had picked up the living room, moved the furniture, and was almost done shampooing the carpeting. I had been fretting because I was expecting a large group of work friends Friday night, and the carpet was horrible. I was pretty giddy he had it done.
Early Thursday morning I stood in line at a local Target to get our local radio station's fundraiser CD called Cities Sampler (www.cities97.com). It is made up of songs, many recorded live in their radio station studio, of many of my favorite artists. Target handed out numbers and stopped about 10 short from me, so I went home empty handed and sad. On Friday, miraculously there was an envelope secretly tucked into our morning newspaper, and it was a belated birthday card with the CD in it. Thank you sister-in-love Linda! She got the last 2 CD's in a store near her, and it was a total fluke that she even went to the store, and then found out I wanted one. You sure made my day!
Also on Thursday, I developed pretty bad back pain between leaving work and picking Rose up from school. I made it home, but had to take pain and spasm meds and head straight for bed as it was the kind of pain that made me yelp in agony. Again, I was fretting because I was having the dinner party Friday night, and I hadn't done any other cleaning, shopping, or food preparation. I called my sister M and she came over to help. When I woke up from napping, she was gone, but my house was sparkling clean. It was like magic! And Doug had come home and helped her too. I honestly did not have to do a thing except clean the stove and wash some pots and pans after Doug got done making 3 pans of lasagna and a beautiful cheesecake.
It is hard to ask for help, but boy, when I ask for it I get more than I expect. On Friday, my work friends all pitched in and brought parts of the meal and beverages. It was so great to see these friends, many that I hadn't seen literally in years. We talked about how uncommon it is that work friends stick together for so long, we feel so fortunate. I couldn't hold in my joy at having them together, I'd burst out smiling during the gathering.
There is so much to feel loved about lately, I hope I can give some of it back. Doug has been taking such good care of me, having to wait on me when it hurts to move. My sister who is always offering to help. My sister-in-love who knows how to make someone's day and is always thinking of others.
So, that's just a few ways I know I am loved. Just had to say it out loud. Thanks for listening!





9 comments:
You are loved. :)
That is just so beautiful. I know it's hard to ask..(I'm the same way).
I suppose it's true though.. 'there is a time to give and a time to receive.'. :)
Hope that your back it feeling better!
((Hugs))
Laura
How awesome!!
How sweet... yes, indeed, you are LOVED! I'm glad your week ended on a big HIGH, Nancy. Don't forget, if you don't yelp loud enough, this neighbor won't know you NEED help... if you run short on hands or food next time, just ask! :)
What a wonderful post, and what wonderful friends and family you have.
Very heartwarming to hear of how you were blessed. Sounds terrific! You deserved these gifts of love. :)
What you feel for others is just a reflection of what we feel for you!
Like to pay it forward but also pay it BACK!!!!
The way you & Marion have been there I still feel in debt.
How did I get so blessed with such
great sister-in-laws?
Wow! I wish I was part of your family!! You are so so loved!!
Your hubby is a keeper!! Same goes for the whole family!! You are so blessed!!
I hope that you had a lovely Thanksgiving. :)
((Hugs))
Laura
Yes you are loved and very very BLESSED!!!! God is so good.
Love, Kristy
Wow, God was really blessing your socks off!
Post a Comment