We have had six party invitations over the past three days. Doug and I attended only one event (Rose's dance class holiday party Saturday) and Rose attended two (Thanks Vicki and Frank for taking her Saturday night to a party with Cate).
Sigh. Sometimes I just can't do it all and need to have some down time. I've been sick on and off for several weeks, I think I'm run down. We are behind on many things at home - decorating for Christmas, making Christmas cards, putting plastic on the windows, cleaning in general, grocery shopping, laundry. Ok, you get the idea. It's hard to go to parties when the pull to be home is strong, and not feeling too healthy. So I apologize to my friends and co-workers who have so kindly extended invitations. Sometimes I just need to step back and recharge, and that's what I did.
Here's some photos from the past several weeks:
Rose and her friend Cate at a Hoedown Throwdown at the local community center.
My mom, my brother Don (visiting from New Mexico) and Rose on Thanksgiving.

Rose's apron says "Baker in Training". Friends of hers had a birthday party at a cooking school for kids, and she insisted on wearing her apron and hat two days straight. I think if was waffle batter she was making here. She actually is a good (albeit messy) baker.
And finally, going over her list with Santa...who wears cool plaid high-tops.






3 comments:
I know what you mean- I just can't go to everything either- it gets too busy. Last night we were supposed to go to 2 parties- but we baked all day and then I ended up with a migraine. We had to stay home.
Missed another part Friday night and but was at one Friday morning. spent 4 plus hours away from the girls just couldn't see leaving them again with my mediocre (sp?) babysitter. I love my babysitter(Mark) but his heart just isn't into it. He gave Anna a whole can of pop- she wet her pants, needed a bath and then went to the bathroom every 10 minutes for 2 hours... you get the point! Again we stayed home.
This is a stressful time of year for everyone.
I've got 4 kids and I've barely even started shopping yet. Plus all the other people I have to buy for!
I'm behind at home and I'm a stay at home Mum! LOL
I hope that you are feeling better soon.
I haven't been invited to any parties... ;(
((Hugs))
Laura
Believe me. You aren't the only one trying to forget about BBC's Grandmothers death... lol
Post a Comment