A few seconds go by, and Rose pipes up: "That's 110 calories each, isn't it?". She had done the math in her head too! She's only six. This totally amazes me! I was no way close to figuring out stuff like that when I was six years old. They learn so much more, and faster now a days.
Speaking of not having done things like that at the age of six, last week her school put on a Lunar Chinese New Year performance for family and friends. They practiced hard, there was a lot to learn, and the expectations the teachers have are high. Regardless, they were pretty excited about performing and they did a great job.
What I really liked was that the teachers and director all performed too, by singing a song. I thought this set a great example for the students to see their teachers participating.
It was kindergarten through 2nd grade. Here is video snippets of some of it. The video comes from the school district's website. I'm new at posting video, so some of the video might now show entirely on your screen. Sorry!
Happy Chinese New Year!





4 comments:
That was impressive.....And you did a awesome job posting it....
Wow, I am impressed with Rose's ability to do that math in her head. Pretty cool.
I can't see the video, send me a link? And your neighbors would love to come see Rose in another performance - just let us know when and we'll work it into our schedule!
These kids definitely have the whole math thing figured out early... way to go, Rose!
Wow what a smart girl!!!!
Love and blessings, Kristy
Post a Comment