Monday, April 19, 2010

Spring things

Here's a poem that I enjoy that was written by my grandmother (even though we are well into April, not at the beginning).

April Prelude
by Jessie Goddard Broman

The air is full of April
And the days rejoice together;
The petaled trees are blowing
In the bluebird weather.
Willow-green and lilac
Tinge the misty rain -
April - April - April -
Chant the happy strain!


My little gardener planting seeds


Ta Dah! She did almost all of it by herself.


Ask the husband to do ONE thing (fix the support posts under the bed) and he takes advantage of the opportunity...or maybe he is just testing out his handiwork.

Heeeeeere birdy birdy! The resident mallard has taken to sitting on the roof, safe from Peaches. The branches are from a windy day last week.

Happy Earth Week!

3 comments:

Sue said...

beautiful poem and I think our hubbies have something in common...Never turn down the chance for a nap..lol...c

Kristy said...

What a beautiful poem!!

Love and blessings, Kristy

karen said...

Thanks for the nice comments on my blog and I love the poam and the pictures are great.