Monday, April 26, 2010

Happy (?) Anniversary

Four (4!) years ago today our adoption paperwork was logged into the "system" in China. At that time, the wait to be matched with a child was somewhere around 12-14 months. We even took our time completing all the steps because we didn't it want it to happen TOO quickly.

Hah! Sometimes things don't go the way you've planned.

Bah! Sometimes it makes me mad.

Wah! Sometimes it makes me cry.

TaDah! Sometime it WILL happen.

Mamah! Sometime I'll hear that word from the daughter who is surely in existence now and waiting for her forever family.

Babah! Sometime Doug will hear that word too.

Hoorah! Sometime Rose will exclaim that she FINALLY get's to go get baby sister.

For all the inquiring minds... we might hear something in June. But every time I get my hopes up * SQUASH * down they go with some new twist mucking things up.

So there. The past 4 years in a nutshell.

Tah tah!

5 comments:

Laura said...

I'm SO sorry Nancy. I can only imagine how frustrated you must be .. and sad. :(
I hope and pray that you DO hear in June. I'll keep everything crossed for you.
It just doesn't seem fair at all!

((Bighugs))
Laura

Sue said...

I am so sorry Nancy, it sucks that the only way to put it. Even though each day brings you closer to bringing her home, it doesn't get any easier. We are going to pray hard that it June will be the lucky month...that would mean 6 weeks until then....It will happen..

Jean said...

It is coming time for your little one to come home!! I can hardly wait! Praying that June is the month!!

rarejule said...

Still praying... June will be a good month, I just know it!!

Laura L. said...

Soon, very soon, you will be having good news. We will all rejoice with you you at that happy time. Each day is bringing your little one closer. Keeping fingers crossed for June.