Saturday, May 1, 2010

Dueling Haircuts

Rose and I have been getting our hair cut together the past 2 years. We had another fun day today!

Started out at Bachman's Garden Center to make May baskets, proceeds benefitting Children's Home Society.

Then off to get our hair cut. When her hair is long, it is one HUGE battle to get a comb or brush through it. We've tried everything, and she even agreed it just isn't working. I even had to help our stylist comb out the snarls after he shampooed and conditioned her hair, it was that bad.

Here are photo's of our matching hair. Our hair was down to our shoulder's, and everyone was amazed at the amount of hair on the floor when each of us was done!

Rose thinks it pretty fun that our hair looks so similar.

I like this photo - it almost looks like a heart. A hairy heart!


We then walked down the block and shared a yummy lunch at a local cafe/bakery called the French Meadow. It was quite crowded, and we had to share a table with two young women. Rose did really well at minding her own business, although it is hard to do when you are sitting so close to strangers. We even bought a lavender, vanilla, buttercream cupcake to take home. It had lavender petals in the frosting.

Made a stop at Auntie M's house to leave a May basket, but ended up hanging out for a few hours since she was home. We tried the ring the door bell and run routine, but she thought it was just solicitors so she wouldn't answer the door.

Rose played with Bubba the dog and with Auntie on Auntie's computer, while I managed an impromptu nap on her couch with a cat sleeping on me. Sleepy due to the fact that Rose was up at 5:00 something this morning.

Then burgers on the grill and corn on the cob for dinner at home. What a leisurely and enjoyable day! Haven't had one of those lately, much appreciated.

It would have been fun to go get mani/pedi's, but because of my job I cannot have long nails or wear nail polish. Maybe next time we will get pedicures.

Looking forward to my trip to NYC next weekend for O Magazine's 10th anniversary celebration! Any other bloggy friends attending by chance? I'd love to meet you if you are.

6 comments:

Sue said...

Love you hair cuts.

Dori's Mommy (Diana) said...

When you said dueling haircuts...I imagined banjo music in the background! LOL!

Cute!!

Laura said...

Your hair looks awesome! Both of you! :)

Long hair can be a terrible battle. Gabriella starts whining as soon as she sees me with the brush. :P

Sounds like you had a wonderful day. Gabby and I go for pedicures together as well. So much fun having a little girl, isn't it??

((Hugs))
Laura

rarejule said...

Love the haircuts! Saw Rose's when she was outback yesterday.

Have fun in NYC... ya know, the last time I was there I ran into a neighbor. ;) Have fun at your show and maybe we will bump into one another!

~verna said...

Love the haircuts.

Laura L. said...

Your haircuts look really cute. :) Sounds like you had a really fun day together.
Sometime, you'll have to tell me about your NYC trip.