While waiting for all of our adoption travel plans to fall into place, it's been a wee bit stressful with a lot of unknowns. Being that this is our second adoption, you'd think we'd have this all down to a routine. But for some reason, there are some stubborn holes in this plan. It's not at all like our first experience.
So today, after I told myself for the zillionth time it will all work out and to just let it go, my cat Peaches decided to humor me several times. First she played wildly like a kitten while I sorted a mountain of laundry. I've never seen her have so much fun, she must have known I needed to smile!
Then in a fit of expending pent up emotions and energy, I tackled the front closet. I scored several rocks, some coins from foreign countries (Uraguay, Peru, France - I was worried I had a kleptomaniac kid on my hands, only to find out grandma M gave them to her), one green sprinkled sugar cookie in crumbles, and a half sucked on jaw breaker. I keep any money I find, so I came out ahead. Amongst other coins, there was a 1/2 dollar coin. When's the last time you've seen one of those?!
I had a supervisor on the closet job. Or a new fur hat since she's on the hat shelf. Once again she made me laugh out loud. I swear that cat knows I need some extra giggles today!
PS - our closet has three tiers built into it. The top two tiers hold all of our holiday decorations. Rose and her friends love that time of year because when all the stuff is down, they get to play up in there. I rigged up a string of lights, so they have their own hideout. I keep saying I'm gonna claim it for my getaway. Install a skylight, pipe in some tunes, load it with pillows. A mini fridge would be nice. I'd be happy...
Chinese New Year Celebration Ideas
8 months ago






5 comments:
I completely believe that animals are intuitive and feel our changing emotions.
What a Peach!! ;)
Our daughter and her husband have adopted 5 children from China, and I know from her..... the anticipation and all that goes with the wait.
Animals are such a blessing!
Best of luck to you and your family!
I love animals especially cats. Can't wait to have another one. They always know when we need cheering up or comfort....btw you are glowing so much. I loved seeing you last night with a smile that won't go away.
What a day brightener Peaches is- too cute!!
Each time I go to China I think no problem BTDT- wrong! There is always something new!
Sorry I did not get back to you sooner- I never listen to home phone messages. Hubby did the flight plans. He did a fine job- but he spent probably 48 hours on the phone- it was horrendous. Let us know if you find a good travel agent!
So sorry- I missed all the fun the other night.
Do you need my baby carriers- You can use them! let me know!!
Your cat looks just like ours!!! I love this story!!
Love and blessings, Kristy
Post a Comment