Friday, February 25, 2011

Lily's version of Peek-a-boo

If you ask Lily "Where's Lily?" she will hide behind her hands (or the shower curtain, or a blanket) and then pop out all smiley.  Cracks me up every time!

 Where's Lily?


Here I am in all my glory! (Ignore the cat butt in the background please).


Seriously, she melts my heart.  

The headband is interesting, as she will tolerate it (I was cleaning and came across it and just stuck it on her to see what she would do).  Rose on the other hand would refuse anything on her head (hats included unless they were velcro-ed on).

 My sweet girls.  Lily was a little under the weather this day.


 I love this photo of Rose, concentrating hard on her Girl Scout cookie order form.  I love her expression when she is thinking hard.

 Lily helping Rose sort her cookies.  Anyone local still need cookies?

 We are in the process of our 6 month update to the Social Welfare Institute in China.  Had to supply a photo for it, so I'm sharing it with you all.  My niece makes these awesome tie dye t-shirts, and is selling them to raise money for a mission trip to Africa this summer that she was selected to go on.  She is only 16, but has such a huge heart for helping others.  Let me know if you are interested in in purchasing a shirt and I can get you the info.  She takes orders, so any size or colors or patterns, she will create for you.


Celebrating the Lunar New Year at Families with Children from Asia's annual festival.  Rhaaarrrr!

Lily can now stand on her own, and she can walk about 4-6 steps.  Hence, she has bumps and bruises and tends to look a wee bit disheveled now and then.  If it is hard and has a sharp corner to it, her head will find it...piano bench - check.  Desk - check.  TV cabinet - check.  End table - check.

That's all for now.  Thought Grandma Mona would like an update since she is in sunny CA, while we are here in the great white (literally) north.  It's been a record breaker for snowfall this year, but I don't complain because I think it is beautiful.  And I don't have to drive in it much.  Or shovel it.  Just get to admire it's loveliness and sparkle.

6 comments:

Laura L. said...

Cute pictures of the girls and a nice one of your family too. So neat to hear that Lily is starting to walk. I like how Rose looks with her hair braided.

Sue said...

the first couple of pictures of Lily are so adorable and the headband looks perfect on her. Looks like you have a future girl scouter and big sister will be the perfect teacher

Laura said...

She is SO beautiful Nancy. They both are. :) Your family looks so happy.
Glad to hear the update and that everyone is doing well.
Take care,

((Hugs))
Laura

MommaT said...

Your children are beautiful! What a great family!

rarejule said...

Peek!!

I might get a couple more boxes from you... to share with Norway... but hold that thought while I found out what kind they might like to indulge in... will also see if the boys want a tie-dyed shirt!!

Joy said...

Lily looks like she is really adjusting well to the family--so cute! I like the post on 'sisters', I can tell that Rose is extremely proud to have a sister (and maybe even more so since she and her sister look alike?)