Monday, February 13, 2012

Future Fashionista and Other Fun

I'm supposed to be doing laundry, but I was distracted by this vision of pretty.  The bright green gel sandals, Burger King crown, and dress on upside down really made me go "hmmm and Oh My":




I realized I had a ton of photos on my iPhone that I had forgotten to download.  Here are some highlights of what we have been up to:




Took Rose, Lily and Rose's friend Cate to the Minnesota Children's Museum.  


They have a town setup where the kids can be doctors, postal workers, bus drivers, chefs, shop in a market, dance on camera and other fun stuff.  Here is Rose dressed up as a shopping doctor, helping Lily shop too.





They usually have a face painting station where they apply their own face paint.

The feature exhibit this visit was Storybooks.  They had interactive displays of favorite children's books.  My favorite is Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, and they had a tree that you put cardboard letters on, they would get conveyed up to the top of the tree, and then come crashing down a chute.  




C is for Rose Chong.  Or just plain cute.



Another big hit is the water works area.  Lily was soaking wet when we were done, even though she wore an apron.  She was in her element and would have been content to spend her entire time here.

Rose was making some awesome HUGE bubbles!

Exploring the beaver lodge.


And after a nice long day of playing, I got to enjoy some much desired peace and quiet on the ride home.



Our local chapter of Families With Children from Asia Midwest had their annual Chinese New Year festival at the end of January.  Here is Rose getting her face painted.  I don't seem to have any other photos from that event.



Doug gave Rose and I tickets to The Lion King.  She and I had a nice night out together.  Rose enjoyed her first time seeing it, and I enjoyed my third :)





Rose's school held their annual Chinese New Year festival as well.  Here are the girls burning off some energy.  Lily loves wide open spaces to run run run.

Rose and I volunteered to package meals for Feed My Starving Children through a local church.  She was a trooper, even though it got really tiring standing in one spot for so long.  I think it was eye opening for her to see the need by those less fortunate.

Our lazy, spoiled dog.

Doug snapped this photo, it warms my heart!


Whew!  I'm a little tired just posting about what we've been up to.  It has been a busy year so far.  We are now in the midst of selling Girl Scout cookies, Rose has a CNY performance for school next week where she will be both singing and dancing, and now we are trying to figure out what to sign up for this summer as far as camps, lessons, etc.


Just feeling fortunate to have so many wonderful opportunities and options available to us, and the ability to do some of them.  

No comments: