Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Wedding Anniversary



Today is our wedding anniversary.  Happy Anniversary Doug!  8 years ago today we were in Las Vegas.  A limo picked us up at our hotel, took us to the registrars office, and then over to The Little White Wedding Chapel.  The ceremony lasted a whole 60 seconds I think.  That evening we went to dinner at Wolfgang Puck's restaurant and then over to Treasure Island hotel for a Cirque Du Solei show.  If I remember right, we had 2nd row seats and couldn't have had a better time.  This is after Doug had to pull me away from a winning slot machine.



Our original plan was to get married in a hot air balloon.  We had it all setup, but Doug had come down with a bug the day we got to Vegas, and he didn't think his stomach would be able to handle it.  We only had a little window of time for the hot air balloon ride because of weather conditions, and there was no way he was going to be better by then.  We promised the woman that was so helpful taking our reservation that we would come back in 10 years and renew our vows in a balloon then.  Hmmmm...that's only 2 years away.  

We also had gone off to Vegas with only our families and about 4 coworkers knowing.   We were working together at Visi.com at the time.  When we came back to work, I wore a t-shirt that said "Just married at the Little White Wedding Chapel" on it.  Alot of people thought we were joking, but then I showed them my ring.  That was fun!

We had a brunch just with family at Campiello's in Uptown the Sunday after we returned.  We had asked for no gifts other than a Christmas ornament to decorate our tree.  We now have wonderful memories each Christmas when we put up the tree.

Rose is off to her friend Cate's house, and Doug and I will be going to dinner (probably Vescio's or The 50's Grill).

Rosebud and I went swimming this afternoon, and then came home cold, hungry and tired.  Had a yummy snack (McFlurries!) and then snuggled in bed and fell asleep.  Ahhhh, my kind of day!

Looking forward to the next 8 years with my handsome, kind, loving husband.

2 comments:

Laura L. said...

Yay, Nancy! Your blog looks great. I was wondering recently if you were still thinking about doing one.
Happy anniversary! It's really neat to hear more about your Vegas wedding. :) Fun to see a photo too.

Sorry to hear about your dog. I'm sure you guys will really miss her.

rarejule said...

Happy Anniversary!!