Doug got me this great handbag for our anniversary (I gave him Raving Rabbids TV for the Wii hee hee). I had dropped a big hint several months ago, but he likes to ignore my hints and surprise me instead. But this time he took it to heart, and boy am I glad. What's even better, I was totally NOT expecting it.
The embroidery on these bags is done by ethnic minority women in Hunan, the western part of the province in China that Rose is from. A couple from the United States has hooked up with the women to help them sell their handicrafts to earn much needed money. If you want to get an idea of the culture from that area of China, their website is www.shenaini.com. If you click on "Visit the Artists" you can scroll through photos of the area.






1 comment:
Very cool! I know you will enjoy this so much. Go Doug!
Post a Comment