Friday, January 2, 2009

The things we do for love

Like walking in the rain
and the snow
when there's no where to go
and fishing rings out of toilets
whoa ohhhh

During playgroup today with 10 rambunctious kids (and 7 sometimes rambunctious moms...ahem... Mrs. C and the sonic boom) Rose informed me that while going potty her ring slipped off.  Noticed after she flushed, thank goodness.  And there it sat in the trap, just barely visible.  Mom to the rescue!  With about 5 kids looking on horrified that anyone would do such a thing, I stuck my hand in and pulled it out.  Success!  I wish I had a picture of young boy D's face when I told him what I just did.  Oh, and to make sure there was no question about sanitation, I washed my arm and ring three times in front of the kids, as witness.

Ah...the things we do for love, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

3 comments:

rarejule said...

Ooooh, how fun?! Not. ;) Now where's the pix of all those kids gathered yesterday?! I'm glad you had fun!!

Anonymous said...

That song is stuck in my head now:)

Laura L. said...

Woo hoo! Sounds like a pretty fun playgroup day!
Glad to hear that the ring was saved. :)