Sunday, August 23, 2009

Naughty Cat and other Events

Peaches figured out how to get from the crab apple tree to the roof.
Only problem was getting down. She had to climb back on the same branch, except she got stuck in the vee. Since she doesn't have front claws, and her behind being heavy (just like me!) she couldn't hold on. I almost caught her but it wasn't enough and she fell. She was fine though.

Other exciting happenings around here - at last month's dragon boat festival, there was a booth where kids could paint a 6 x 6 canvas. It was then displayed along with all of them at a Hmong Art Festival yesterday. Rgirl's is the one directly above "break dance" square. They mounted it sideways though. The Chinese characters were for "I' and "family".

There were several mosaics in the exhibit, this is the one with her painting on it.
And the park had some fun sculptures:

Other random stuff:
Playing with friends.

Teeny tiny pepper that Rgirl grew:
It's now the last week of summer break. Working 2 days this week to help open the kitchen and also serve at a back to school night for families, and then back to 5 day schedule the 31st. It hasn't been the best summer ever, but not the worst either. I'm once again battling a cold, my third?! for the summer, which isn't like me at all, let's hope I'm done for awhile!

One last photo of Rgirl dressed silly, beating a drum, and chanting "The ghost parade goes on and on...the ghost parade goes on and on". I have no idea what it means, not sure I want to know...

4 comments:

Laura said...

Poor Peaches! I'm happy that she was okay. :) Cat's are funny.

Love that canvas that the kids made. Tell Rgirl that her's is the best square. ;) I love her teeny tiny pepper too!

I haven't had colds this summer but I really haven't been feeling my best. I hope that you get well soon and they you have a healthier autumn/winter!

My little girl likes to dress up and make up silly songs too! So cute.
((Hugs))

Laura L. said...

Hi there,
Wow, I can't believe Peaches climbed onto the roof!
I enjoyed seeing your photos. I enjoyed the ones of R.on the sculpture and with her art.
Yes, I do still hang out amongst the bloggers. I still seem to be in a slight blogging slump though. So odd.

Laura said...

Just popping in to say hello!
Hope that you and yours are keeping well.
((Hugs)
Laura

Jean said...

Poor peaches- I am glad she is okay!

The dragon festival was fun- we took our girls there, too!

Hope to see you tomorrow at playgroup!