I hear noises coming from behind the big blue chair and piano! I better look around the corner to see what's happening!
HI MOM! Just me! Lily was so cute playing with a box of toys she thought she couldn't be in. So, every time I peeked around the corner, she would hear me and poke her head out with a guilty look, like I'd "caught" her. Who Me? I'm not doing anything!
Bathing beauties! Rose wanted to share a bath with Lily, and everything was going great until Rose got real quiet and said "Mom, what happens when Lily needs to go potty?". End of shared bath.
Lily bug loves to splash splash splash splash splash! Water, everywhere! I had to zoom in so the camera would stay dry.
Dog sitting Alex the wonder dog again - girl party in the living room! "So, what did you think of Cats 101 last night? Wasn't that nice of Rose to play it on the TV for me?".
Lunch! Alex doesn't harm the cats, but I think she is a working dog because she likes to "herd" them. The cats don't like that so much...
Finally got a tree Sunday and decorated Monday. We went the "less is more" route decorating it, not a single breakable ornament in consideration of the new kitty and curious Lily.
Doug just informed me that he has all the gift giving covered. I love that man. I was really starting to fret about getting out between snow storms, and at the end of the day I'm just too pooped. This year, his side of the family is cutting back the gift giving, and the timing is pretty good since I was plum out of ideas for the adults. My side we do a "grinch" game where the adults only need to bring one gift. We draw numbers and select and steal each others gifts.
I must be finally feeling better, I'm actually blogging again. I had a difficult transition coming home from China, with some major challenges with the new dynamics of our family. Also a little bit grieving the loss of my mom earlier this year. Her newest grandchild not getting to meet her, and now my first Christmas ever without her. Turning 50 in October also messed up my head. Being an older parent has me worried about time running out, missed opportunities, blah blah blah. I'm getting over it, it's just taking me some time.
So. That's the scoop. A little bit of fun, a little bit of seriousness. Just like life! I'll leave you with a little bit of sweetness below. A girl and her kitten. It does a momma's heart good!





5 comments:
So cute about Lily.....like your home version of Cats and Dogs....The tub, I sure Rose got grossed out when she discovered Lily might pee or worse in the tub....the last picture is so precious of Rose and kitty. I am glad you are feeling better, there was a lot changes these last few months
You have a lovely family. I turned 52 in Oct. I could not even think of raising babies . But you will and are doing a wonderful job. So sorry for the lost of your mom. Mine has Alzheimer's so she has not enjoyed a Christmas for many yrs. now. I do pray that you have a Very Merry Christmas.
Adorable... love the photos! And it's nice to hear from you again. I hope that you have a fabulous holiday season, some much needed rest, and all the memories you can muster or make to carry you into the New Year!!
Awww Nancy! Your girls are so beautiful!! I love Lily! How cute is she??? Pretty flippin cute I'd say.
I understand where you're coming from regarding the age thing and having young kids but really.. don't let it bother you. I worried about not being there for my kids when I had mine in my 20's! I still worry about it now. It's just part of being a Mom and the truth is, no one knows how much time they have. All any of us can hope for is the ability to raise them and see them grown. Everything after that is a bonus. :)
Love the pictures of the kids. I know that you are going to have a beautiful CHristmas this year and that your Mum will be there with you all in Spirit. :)
Merry Christmas Nancy! All the best.
((Hugs))
Laura
Greetings from Southern California.
I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to :-)
God Bless You, ~Ron
Post a Comment