And then to totally ruin my mood (if that hasn't already)...Rumor Queen had a post earlier this month of a "possible" speed up of referrals. Lately they have been matching less than a weeks worth of LID's (Logged in dates - the dates given to families that their paperwork was logged into China's Center for Adoption Affairs system), but usually around 5 days worth. She was really cautious about it this encouraging rumor, bless her heart. But now today the rumor has changed to the next batch being only covering the LID's for the first 2 days of March 2006. Ouch. Our LID Is April 27, 2006. Will we ever see our 2nd daughter's face?
The final straw was logging into Webkinz only to find out their system is down for maintenance. How cruel!
So tempting to call in sick to work today and pull the covers over my head, but hey, I tried that yesterday and they asked me to come in anyway. (I had been sick Sunday and Monday MLK day, gave my boss a heads up on Monday that I might not make it Tuesday so she could find a sub, couldn't find a sub, I was feeling better Tuesday, so went in and washed dishes so I wasn't breathing on any little kiddies. Just contaminated every tray and dish in the place, that's all. Just kidding...).
Oh well, I knew there was a reason Doug made some fantastic chocolate chip cookies late last night. Breakfast!





4 comments:
I hate those days when I just want to pull the covers over my head. Tomorrow will be a brighter day. Hang in there.
I love you post!! Great play by play! Sorry about the dog thing- bummer- at least it's warming up a bit!
Thanks for being lucky number 13!! You made my day!!
Blessings,
Jean
Sorry to hear about your frustrating day. Hope things are better. If you could ever use a hand just give me a call.
Hmmm... dog craziness, house watching, and being sick on top of it all?! I hope you're feeling better and that your number comes up sooner, rather than later, in the Chinese number game!!
Post a Comment