Mysterious things have been happening in our house.
When Rose comes home, she peels off her socks and leaves them laying on the floor in the kitchen (that's not the mysterious part). Often it isn't just her socks she peels off...but that's another post.
The cats dishes are in the kitchen, and I figured Rose flung a sock and it ended up in Peaches food dish. So I removed it but just set it to the side (for Rose to pick up when she gets home), went to work, came home with Rose, and a sock was in the cat's food dish again. Thought, hmmm, that's kinda weird that one would end up there twice, moved the sock to the side, asked Rose to throw her socks down the laundry shoot.
But before she could throw all 4 socks down the shoot, I found ALL of them in the food dish. By then, Doug was home, and I asked him if he did it, he said no.
Now, I'm not totally believing him because he plays tricks on me now and then (Like this Christmas, I found a pair of "handipants" (fingertip-less gloves made to look like men's underwear, kinda a gag gift) laying around the house. I asked Doug if they were his. No, he didn't know where they came from. My sister had been over, and I thought maybe she tucked them somewhere as a joke for me to find later. So when my side of the family got together for Christmas, I snuck them into a gift that my sister-in-law ended up with. THEN Doug confesses he got them with an order for something else. My sister-in-law got a good laugh out of them, she brought them to work).
Back to the sock mystery...I took the socks out again, and we all agreed not to touch them. Later, I heard the cat in the kitchen, went and peeked, and I caught her pulling them into her food dish! What a goofball! It sure made me laugh and smile, and scratch my head as to WHY she was doing that. Just thought it was kinda cute. And strange. And funny.
Here's a picture:





4 comments:
That is really strange that the cat likes Rose's socks in her food dish. I can't imagine why she'd want to do that. :) How funny!
Lauryn's cat likes to put her toy in her water dish.
maybe she is trying to hide her food so you think she ate it all?....or maybe she has an friend....and doesn't want the friend to get her food.
That's cute! Pets do weird things sometimes don't they?
My kids toss socks all over the house. It drives me insane......
((Hugs))
Laura
Thanks so much for your kind words. :)
I'm okay. Just a little blue and a lot blah. You know... :D
I'll be fine.
Thanks again. You're a great friend.
((Hugs))
laura
Post a Comment