Monday, January 18, 2010

My newest fur nephew

My sister has her first doggy, a 6 pound Yorkshire Terrior named Bubba. We are dog sitting just overnight, and he is pretty funny. She has hardwood floors in her home, but we have carpet. He can tear around on the carpet and he goes 90 miles an hour. He also likes to steal Lego's and my foam earplugs...and then not give them up without a scene. He slept in Rose's room in his kennel, she was pretty thrilled. Thanks Auntie M for entrusting us with his care!


A belated Christmas photo that I found on the camera. The tree is only decorated halfway up, Rose and Cate decorated it while I was sick, and they could only reach so far. Never got around to finishing it...
And finally, one evening while I had the crud I was reading in my bedroom, and came out to see what Rose was doing. She was playing Dogopoly with her stuffed animals. She is so creative! But how sad is it that she has to resort to playing with her animals instead of mom or dad? You can see she obviously has the "monopoly" on the properties. I suppose that is an advantage to playing with stuffed animals.

4 comments:

Laura said...

Awww! What a cute doggie!
Did this make Rose want a pup even more?? :)

That's great that she doesn't mind playing on her own. It gave you a break when you weren't feeling well. Oh yes.. and she did a wonderful job on the tree. Very pretty. :)

((Hugs))
Laura

Jean said...

That monopoly game Rose has going is adorable!! What a great imagination she has and BTW- I'm really hopin she wins!

This might be a good time to get one of those cute little puppy dogs! You know, before baby sis arrives!
Sorry, I sometimes like to stir up a little trouble!

Sue said...

It is grat that she creative, just think what she will be able to teach her little sister with all that creativity

Joy said...

That photo of her with the stuffed animals is precious. It reminds me of a photo of my daughter as a child, and she has plates set out at her little table and dolls in chairs and a highchair pulled up to the table. So sweet, but makes me sad to think about it---she will be 33 years old in April. I wish I could go back for a day and just hold her and never let her go!