Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Afternoon at the Beach

Where is this beach that I visited this afternoon, you might ask?

My backyard.

Laid in a real lawn chair in the sun.

The white sandy beach was actually white glistening, melting snow.

The seagulls were actually sparrows, cardinals and chickadee's.

And that sea creature nearby? Was actually just Peaches the cat sharing my beach moment.

The sound of the surf was the drainpipe next to my head.

39 degrees and sunny does that to a person.

It was actually quite nice!

5 comments:

Sue said...

So Cute......we had a little waterfalls earlier today...

Laura L. said...

Ahh, sounds nice! Isn't this mild weather awesome?!
I'll never forget our first winter in MN. We thought the mild weather would never come. When we finally had days like this, Kaitlyn and I just sat on the deck in lawn chairs, basking in the sun. It was like 30 degrees I think. :)

Laura said...

You sound like a Canadian eh!
Did you wear shorts and a winter jacket? That would really make you Canadian.... :P

((Hugs))
Laura

Dolores said...

I love your blog title, so cute.

Your daughter is precious. I have 5 grandchildren adopted from China.....

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and your sweet comments!
Hugs,
Dolores

rarejule said...

Sounds lovely. At least there were no waves crashing in "from around you!" to ruin a great afternoon at the beach!