Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Lily Update

Just a quick post to say that Lily seems to be feeling much better.  She hasn't vomited in over 24 hours, is eating formula with rice cereal, as well as congee.  She perks up when we go to the restaurant for breakfast and dinner.  And she just looks better.  Everyone ooh's and aaaah's over her, even the Chinese people.  Today a Chinese grandpa who speaks english came up to us at breakfast to ask how old, how much does she weigh, her length, etc.  He has a granddaughter at home the same age.  He was surprised to hear we had only been together since Sunday, she seems so content with us.

She sleeps through the night without a peep, and she naps regularly in the afternoon.  She cries very little.

Today we went to see a beautiful pavilion along the river.  I could have spent all day there, however it is very hot (95 degrees and 85% humidity) and none of us could tolerate it very well.  Of course, our camera, and Marion's camera both had dead batteries so we got only a few pictures.  Our travel mates will be sharing their photos with us thankfully.

Rose and Marion are down at the pool again.  Thank goodness for the pool!  I'm having a hard time with Rose when she is around Lily as she wants to constantly see if she can get her to play or smile, etc.  It usually upsets Lily to have someone in her face, but now that she is feeling better, hopefully it will turn out to be a good thing.

We are getting our plane tickets today to fly to Guangzhou on Friday.  Shopping here we come!  We've been trying to hold off on shopping until Guangzhou.  It helps that our hotel here in Nanchang is in an industrial shopping area (hardware, plumbing, electrical, machine parts), no temptation to buy anything.  And the hotel prices are too high.

There are some real interesting areas that I would love to explore here, but it's just too hot to take little Lily. I wish I were brave enough to go exploring without Doug or our guide.  I don't know what the rest of the day (Wednesday) holds, or tomorrow (Thursday) either.   Will post again if anything exciting happens!

Hope everyone who has kids going back to school this week is finding it to be a smooth transition.  I hear the weather in MN is unusually dreary, wishing for sunny skies for you!
Nancy

5 comments:

karen said...

So glad Lily is better. I do hope you can get some shopping done. Have fun and be safe.

Laura said...

Happy to hear that Lily is feeling better. I hope that she will continue to gain strength.

That's wonderful that she is so content with your family already. It could have gone either way (mostly the other way) with her not feeling well. Usually kids want whats familiar when they are unwell. It's a credit to your family that she has taken to you, even under not perfect circumstances.

As for Rose well, all kids are like that with a new sibling and things will get easier. Remember, I have 4 kids and have been through all of this before. Of course I wasn't so far from home or in the terrible heat but, I had just had a baby, wasn't 100% and believe me.. I know how much you just want to tell Rose to back off. LOL.
It will be so much easier once you get home and get settled.

I'm so happy for you!!!! :)

((Hugs))
Laura

rarejule said...

I think you and Marion need to venture out... leave those girls in Papa's capable hands!!

So happy to hear that Lily is feeling better. Rose will adjust, just give it time.

nellyru said...

So happy that Lily is feeling better! Can't wait to give her a big welcome home hug.

I agree with Laura- every sibling is that way at first. And it will most likely be much easier for all of you once you are home! :)

Still praying for continued health and smooth sailing on your adventure!

Laura L. said...

I am so happy to see this good report on Lily. I'd been concerned and saying some prayers for her. So glad she's better.

Wow, I can't believe it's so hot in Nanchang! That's quite different from when we were there, which was 3rd week of Feb.at the time.
Have a good, safe trip to Guangzhou. I'm wondering if you are staying on the island or off? Anywhere near Sue and family?

We will look forward to meeting Lily and oohing and ahhing over her. :)

Thanks for the update!