Made it to Beijing today! Left Mpls in torrents of rain, made all of our flights in Denver and San Fran, and made it through the grueling flight over seas. Man, that is a hard day, it felt like it took us three days to get here. My schedule is all screwed up this time around. The long flight was hard on Rose too. Bright spot was that for the long flight the airline was able to put us all in the same row.
All was smooth except for customs here - it took about 1.5 hours to get through, each line had about 50 people in it. There were about 20 lines. All smooshed together. Don't know if it's always like that or not. Their airport is beautiful and efficient otherwise. It seems like a whole different city since we were here in 2004. And the hotel we are staying at is on a really fun street, lots of small restaurants and shops, all decorated outdoors with hanging red lanterns. Can't wait to stroll along there at night. Our guide gave us a couple of good recommendations for places to eat, but tonight I think we will just hit the market for some bottled water and snacks. Oh! And swim caps. The hotel has a pool, but they require everyone to wear a swim cap.
Tomorrow morning we head off to the Forbidden City. Our guide is a fast walker, I hope we can keep up with her! (Side note - her name is Nancy too).
Chinese New Year Celebration Ideas
5 months ago





9 comments:
Thanks for updating us!! :)
So exciting!! Have a nice time sight seeing.
Ooooooh, so much fun ahead!!! Take lots of pictures to share? The street you're on sounds just beautiful! Put on those walking shoes and Go, Diego, Go!
I want to be there too. It sounds so fun. Have a great trip.
this is so exciting Nancy!! I love following journeys and yours seems extra special after such a long wait and just cuz I like ya so darn much!!
Happy for you
Liz
Yeah!! So glad you are safely there! It is an awful flight but so worth it when adopting!!
Enjoy!!
Is your guide the same Nancy we had in Nanchang?? We just loved her!!
I hope you have a really wonderful time in Beijing, once you're feeling rested. I'm sure it feels exhilarating just to be there.
Swim caps, huh? Good fun. Get a picture of that okay?
Ni Hao......Rise and shine! Hope you have a great day- and remember that slide down the wall!! Diane LL
Jean, I do beleive we have the same guide Nancy. She is very nice. Don't know yet if she will be continuing on with us to Nanchang or not yet. Will try to remember to ask her.
The blog is great to follow along:) Enjoy touring Beijing. I bet it's really changed with all the new things they did for the olympics. I remember the countdown clock in tienimen square when we were there. If you can post any picture of Rose, it would be great to see. We are missing her at our house. Cate bought a "Best Friends" charm to give her when your back...it's a hamburger and french fries one say best the other friends. Wonder whose going to get what there. Enjoy eating some real Chinese food and take lots of pictures. We're so excited for you and Lily and to hear all about China. Take care, Vicki
Post a Comment