skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Bittersweet Birthday
Today is Lily's 1st birthday, and we are so happy to have her in our lives. We couldn't be more grateful and humbled to be allowed to be her parents.
While our hearts sing to have such a sweet blessing, they also ache, especially on days like today, her first birthday. We can't help but think that there is at least one person, probably more, who is hurting for their loss, magnified even more on days like today.
Lily is too young to make birthday wishes, so I'll make some:
I wish I could thank them for making the right decision of allowing her to be in this world, and for leaving her in a safe place to be found.
I wish I could tell them she is loved, healthy, smart, happy and just plain beautiful.
I wish I could share all the firsts with them, all the ups, all the downs, even the boring details.
I wish they could teach her first hand about her culture and birth family.
I wish they could tell her their circumstances which led them to make what has to be the most difficult decision in the world.
I wish I could tell them it's OK, the world is working this out in greater ways than they could ever imagine for their sweet daughter.
I wish they could see their daughter, hold her, kiss her chubby cheeks and just look look look into those deep brown inquisitive eyes.
I wish they could tell her "I love you".
People say she is so lucky. They are wrong. We are the lucky ones.
Happy 1st Birthday Little Miss Lily! We love you so very much!
8 comments:
Bittersweet indeed. Your post brought tears to my eyes.
Happy Birthday, Sweet Lily!!
Happy Birthday Lily!
You are all very lucky and blessed to have found each other. :)
My eyes have teared up as well. I'll say a prayer for her birth family. :)
((Hugs))
Laura
Happy Birthday & congrats to the new big sister on becoming one!
Beautiful, Nancy!
I too will pray for the birth family.
Happy 1st Birthday, Lily!! :)
This is a precious post, Nancy! Just beautiful.
I know exactly what you mean.
Happy birthday to your sweet baby. She's too adorable for words.
Can't wait to see you guys in person.
Yes, ....birthdays are bittersweet.....
Welcome home with this beautiful and precious bundle of joy......
Hugs,
WooHoo!! Happy Birthday Lily!! We can hardly wait to meet you!! You are beyond adorable!!
Beautiful Post!!
Happy Hapy birthday Lily and what a day too..Mid Autumn festival. I love your wishes Nancy
Post a Comment