Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I might be bad

Seems like a struggle lately to get Rose to eat any vegetables.  She will always at least try them, thank goodness, but then insist she doesn't like them.  Tonight I had fresh spinach that I cooked in the microwave, and she peeked over the kitchen counter to see what I was making for myself.  I said "Sorry, it's only for me, you can't have any" knowing darn well she would then want to have some for sure if I said it was only for me...anything that I have she has to have.  If I would have offered some to her, she would have said NO WAY.  Of course, now she HAD to have some too, it's not fair!  So I gave her a little dab, but told her that was all I was willing to part with.

Next scene goes likes this:  Takes a bite, makes a face, grabs her milk and washes it down.  Yum, mom, this is good!  Watches me happily eating mine.  Takes a bite, grabs her milk, washes it down.  Thanks for sharing mom.  Takes a bite, grabs her milk, washes it down.  No comment, not making too happy of a face.  But she never complained and seemed pretty proud that she got some of mom's secret good stuff.  Doug over on couch smiling behind a blanket because he clearly saw my strategy.  I gave the thumbs up signal that she ate it all.

I'm not normally into deceiving children, but I was curious to see what she would do.  My guess was she was going to spit out the first bite, but I was pleasantly surprised.  I do feel a little guilty though...


1 comment:

Laura L. said...

This is so funny. We have to be creative sometimes and get those veggies in however we can.
Maybe I should try that trick with Jadyn.