Our next book is fiction, Replay by Ken Grimwood, which poses the question "What if you could live your life over again, knowing the mistakes you'd made before".
Last week I started reading the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich (One for the Money, Two for the Dough, and now I'm on Three to Get Deadly). Again, pretty quick reading, funny, a who-done-it in each book.
And then I picked up a bunch of $1 clearance books at Half Price Books. I like the murder mystery's, authors like Heather Graham, Lisa Jackman, Tami Hoag, Patricia Cornwell, Lisa Gardner, some James Patterson, Kathy Reichs, Sandra Brown, John Sanford.
I've had to start keeping a list because I kept picking up the same one's I had already read. I use the "My List" function on Hennepin County Library's website. Pretty handy.
I got started on the murder mysteries when local author Tami Hoag came to my attention. I've read all of her books, most of them are set here in Minnesota, which holds my attention. I used to read pretty much only non-fiction in my 20's and 30's, so I guess I'm trying to play catch up with fiction. Got any good ones you like to follow?





1 comment:
I have a few books at home that are mystery if you run low... one is even by a local author (I graduated with him). I envy you time for pleasure reading... not sure I know what that is, even though I purchase books thinking I'll get around to it... someday!
Post a Comment