Sunday, February 15, 2009

Viral Valentine's Day

Ugggg.  Not the way I imagined spending a fun planned Valentine's day.  Friday I woke up not feeling so great, went to work anyway.  By afternoon, it was obvious my stomach wasn't going to cooperate, so I quickly made arrangements for Auntie Linda to take Rose on her way home from work.  Thank goodness for Aunties, because sure enough, I was down for the count with the stomach flu.  Finally able to get a little food to stay down this fine Sunday morning but definitely still wobbly.  

What did I miss?  I missed finishing shopping for a gift for Doug.  I missed making and delivering Valentine cards to Rose's neighborhood friends.  Doug stepped in and was able to get a couple of them delivered.  I got a great delivery of flowers, which we tried to keep in the bedroom with me, but any smell good or bad was a trigger for my stomach.  I'm still not able to fully enjoy them yet.  I missed the play The Gruffalo at Children's Theatre last night.  Doug still took Rose, and they had a really good time.  I'm going to see if I can trade in my unused ticket, because I LOVE the plays at CTC.  I missed seeing Rose open her Valentine gift - a cute Webkinz monkey with Valentine hearts all over it.  I heard it was a big hit.

Last winter on a three day weekend I was sick that weekend too.   I was supposed to spend three days scrapbooking away from home, and on Friday when I was almost done packing to go, the stomach flue hit me like a ton of bricks.  Never got well enough to even make one day of it.  I was bummed because it was a chance to spend a weekend with a whole group of women I had never met before, who graciously were allowing me to join them.  I sometimes like adventures like that.

I'm not really complaining, as I know these things happen and it's a small blip on the larger radar of life.  I also know others are dealing with far more serious situations and trials.  But I can surely sympathize with those of you who have gotten dropped by the bugs going around this winter.

Anyways, belated Happy Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

Laura L. said...

Oh, so sorry to hear you were hit with that stomach bug...and on Valentine's Day too.
I hope you will soon be back to your normal fun self. :)
Go AWAY illness season! We're ready to be done.

rarejule said...

Hope you're feeling better today... I know that being down and out is the pits, but it sounds like you were well taken care of and at least got some good R&R!!

Hugs!