I've been so torn lately because there are many adoptive families needing help right now financially to bring their children home (not just from China, but all over the world). There are also a few individuals who are personally opening their own orphanages around the world to tend to children with special needs. And still others are going as missions to reach out to children needing extra (in some cases - any) love and necessities.
If I could, I would donate to all of them. One in particular has caught my heart because she is a teenager returning to Uganda as a mission. Last time she went she brought Beanie Babies and the joy it brought was so far reaching.
Spring is a time of garage sales galore, and if you come across some Beanies and want to donate them, visit Emma's blog here to learn how to donate.
Some day hopefully soon I'll put together all the individuals and organizations I've stumbled across who could use some help bringing children home or getting medical help they need. Some are incredible stories, some are just wanting to start or add to their families and need a financial boost to get them to their dream.





3 comments:
I love Emma's blog!! She is adorable and she has such a great heart!!
There are so many awesome organizations out there doing incredible things- I do have trouble keeping them straight- I get them all mixed up and can't figure out who is doing what??
I'm thinking about blogging on it, too!
Blessings,
Jean
I might just have a good hook up for this one!! I'll let you know by the end of the week. Do I have time?
Nellyru, you can always still send them and she can take them the next time she goes. My sister scored 9 of them for 50 cents at a garage sale. That gives me a good excuse to go garage sale-ing :)
Post a Comment