Friday, May 22, 2009

Happy 6th Birthday

Those are frozen waffles with REAL whipped cream on them, and a candle.  I woke to the sound of the mixer going, and the Mr. was making a surprise treat for little girl.  In the past we have also had fresh homemade strawberry shortcake for breakfast on her birthday - it got started when I was working evenings and couldn't be home to celebrate.

The table cloth with paint all over it is our craft cloth - I've been making fake paper mache rocks for little girls birthday party tomorrow.  It was hard this year because she wanted to invite all her friends, and now with all her kindergarten friends on top of her playgroup friends, the number of attendees would have been huge.  I finally decided to have her pick 4 friends from school, 4 from the neighborhood, and 4 playgroup friends.  So parents of playgroup friends and kindergarteners whose children we weren't able to  invite, I am sorry, and I hope you understand our predicament. We would have loved to have had all children here, but it just wasn't possible.

She is having a Webkinz themed birthday party - I will have to post pictures, I've been having alot of fun putting it all together.
Happy Birthday little girl!  Mommy and Daddy LOVE YOU!

3 comments:

tiredmommyinmn said...

Happy Birthday Rose!!!

From,
Bill, Mary & Billy

Laura said...

Happy Belated Birthday Rose! She's so adorable. :) Little girls are so much fun, aren't they?!
My daughter just had her 7th birthday in April. She wanted a big party but I've put her off until school is done. The weather is kind of iffy in April here and I want the option of throwing them all out of the house so... July Pool party it is!!!! LOL
She looks like a very,very happy little girl. And a lucky one to have found such a loving home with parents that obviously adore her.
(((Hugs)))
Laura

Laura L. said...

I hope that Rose had a very fun birthday and party.
6 years old! Her hair is looking longer all of a sudden. :)
Yes, I'd love to see birthday photos.
Hope to see you guys before long.