Monday, May 4, 2009

There's a bug in my room!

Yesterday morning Rose went to her room to get dressed and started hollering for DAD!  There's a bug in my room!  By the time dad got there it was gone, so I asked her what kind it was.  She didn't know, and couldn't describe it, so I told her to draw a picture of it...
I don't think she actually saw it smiling.  But I knew right away what it was, and it's the kind I like LEAST in the house.  They show up every now and then, especially this time of year when the basement starts to take on more moisture from the thawing ground.  I had just mentioned to Doug the day before that we need to turn on the dehumidifier because it was starting to smell damp/musty in the basement.  

I hope to post soon about Peaches 1 - Centipede 0.

Which reminds me of a funny first date story - Doug and I had gone on our first date, and had gone back to my apartment to hang out and chat.  We were sitting in the living room of my condo, and all of a sudden - zippity zoom - a centipede came skittering across the carpet right at me.  I moved really really fast and grabbed a magazine and smashed it, and had to pick it up and dispose of it all brave like right in front of him.  When all I really wanted to do was let out a yell and run the other way...I must have impressed him, he's stuck with me ever since.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Oooooo we get those in our basement too! They mostly hang out in my laundry room I'll pick up a damp towel off the floor and one will fly out! Yuck!!!
Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your kind words about the dog. It's going to take me a bit but I'll get over it.
I read down a bit in your blog. I'll keep your family in my prayers regarding your hopes in adopting again. I cannot believe how long it has taken you to get another child!!! Unbelievable.
Take care,
Laura