Thursday, December 31, 2009

Sweet Girl

I have a sweet and caring girl.

I'm homebound with influenza (yes...sick...again). I was laying in bed a little while ago trying to sleep but couldn't because I had the chills (and too much hot tea earlier). Rose came in to see me, but I was half asleep and didn't respond to her. I felt her move my hair and place a hand on my forehead. All of a sudden she bolts out of the room - I thought she was going to go tell Doug I was dead or something she ran so fast. But she whizzed right past him and I could hear the ice crusher on the fridge going.

She filled a baggie with ice and brought it and put it on my head. How sweet! Then I heard her rustling in my dresser drawers. I finally spoke and asked her what she was doing. She was looking for something to tie the ice pack on my head. I assured her that wasn't necessary, and very kindly thanked Nurse Rose.

Regarding the flu, I learned my lesson the hard way - this is the first year in many that I did not get a flu shot. I kept putting it off and putting it off, yet one more thing I had to fit in. What was I thinking?! I work around kids who pick their noses and other body orifices and put the treasures who-knows-where, lick the ketchup bottle after using it but before putting it back for others, take food and then put it back before you can figure out which one needs to be thrown away, and drop utensils on the floor, wipe them on their shirt, and then put them back in the holder. Not to mention the ones who are obviously ill, and no sooner do you tell them they need to get to the nurses office, they barf. Doh! Double Doh!

On a lighter note: You know how sometimes when you get a pizza delivered there is a little white plastic thing to keep the box top from touching the pizza? Looks like a little table? Rose just got done feeding her Webkinz mouse a slice of pepperoni with a splotch of ranch dressing, and used the plastic thingy for a mouse sized table. Good thing mice aren't picky, because when she brought it to me so I could marvel at her creation, it fell off the "table" and onto the floor.

Happy New Year!


7 comments:

Dori's Mommy (Diana) said...

What a sweet little nurse you have. I hope you feel better soon!

Happy New Year!

rarejule said...

Oiy and double doh!

Let us know if you need another cup of pea soup to help speed your recovery! He's got another batch going... the kitchen has been buzzin' all day. Next is my fave ~ white chix chilli. Of course, you're probably not very hungry... yet.

Feel better soon and Happy 2010!!

Nancy said...

You know I don't feel good when fresh yummy pizza gets delivered and I don't eat any...you are right, I'm not very hungry.

Drinking lots of water, tea, and Emergen 'C though.

Jean said...

Happy New Year!

I hope you are feeling better soon! I think Rose will be a wonderful Nurse when she grows up!

Lovely description of the kids at your school!

Sue said...

Sorry you got sick.....Hugs...and so sweet of Rose......She makes a great nurse.

Laura L. said...

Not sure how I missed this post. So sorry to hear that you were sick. The flu is NO fun. I hope you're on the mend by now.
That is very sweet that Rose takes such good care of you. Too cute.

Joy said...

Your little Rose is a sweetheart and so loving--beautiful too! Don't you just love the touch of those little hands? They are just precious. I've always thought Rose was such a pretty name. I laughed about the little 'table' that comes with the pizza box, I've thought that too--it could be used for a doll house or something like that. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment.