Sunday, July 5, 2009

Parade, Minn-eh-soh-ta style

Purty red tractor.
The sign on the red ATV says "Sexiest Senior Citizens of Pillsbury".

A Minnesota Viking, fake biceps and all.
Candy for the kids, beer for the adults. Seriously. Kegger on a float handing out glasses of beer. One float was an entire wooden bar being pulled by a truck. There were others handing out bottles and cans of beer. Do I need to say this parade is well attended? They even "hand" out water balloons, so you have to remain alert.
This last photo was on a different lake, it was the end of a boat parade by the residents of the lake. I love the photo because the clouds look fake. Couldn't have had more perfect 4th of July weather!

The town and lake are called Pillsbury because Pillsbury Flour had a mill on the lake many years ago. There ya go. I don't think it gets any more Minn-eh-soh-tan than that, you betcha.

No comments: