This is Morphy Lake state park and campground. We just did a day visit. The lake is small, and we walked all the way around it. That is snow on the mountain. We got to explore pretty remote places since my brother knows the area. The little windy roads can be a little unsettling to the stomach though :)
Rose was lagging behind with my sisters, and when she caught up to me she said "MOM! Look, I have crab hands!" She had been collecting crawfish parts...yummy. She refused to throw any away when we left (big tears too) so I agreed she could keep two pinchers. I found them later stashed in our candy bag and discreetly tossed them.
It was pretty rocky around the lake. But Rose did discover this rock with a fossil embedded in it. You can't see it too well, but it really is there.
Photo opp!

Taking a break with Uncle D.

No comments:
Post a Comment